Start a conversation with your parents about why you want Invisalign Teen®, not braces.
1. I know I need to get braces, but I wanted to let you know that I’ve looked into Invisalign Teen and I’d like to talk to you about why I think it would be a better choice for me, especially at this point in my life.
2. I’m already kind of self-conscious about my teeth, and metal wires from braces aren’t going to make it any easier. Invisalign® is virtually invisible, so I could be straightening my teeth without hardly anyone even noticing.
3. Since the aligners are removable, I can play sports without worrying I’ll be hit in the mouth by the ball — in braces, that can do a lot of damage. I can play my musical instrument just as I do now, but in braces I’d worry about cutting my lips trying to hit that note on the trumpet.
4. Not having brackets and wires means I can brush and floss properly. And you’ve always told me how important that is.
5. With Invisalign, there aren’t any restrictions on food. I can easily remove the aligners to eat. But with braces, I can’t even eat things like popcorn, whole apples or raw carrots.
6. I know how busy you are. Invisalign requires fewer visits to the orthodontist. With braces, you’d likely have to take me for adjustments or emergency repairs if I broke a wire or bracket.
7. Don’t worry. I know it’s my responsibility to wear the aligners to achieve results. I promise I will. And the aligners have blue indicators that fade with wear. If I don’t wear them, the dots won’t fade, you’ll see that and I’ll be busted.
8. If you’re worried about me losing my aligners, no need — Invisalign Teen provides replacement Aligners free, just in case.